Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Recipe for Good Health
Here’s a seasonal delight featuring a healthy favorite.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Lemon Parmesan seasoning, optional
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, plus 2 tsp zest
- 1 tbsp grated, or 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, parsley leaves
- for garnish: pinch of red pepper flakes
Preheat the oven to 425° and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the Brussels sprouts in half, toss with drizzles of olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper, and spread on the baking sheet. Roast 20 – 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown around the edges. Exact timing will depend on the size of your sprouts.
If desired, toss the roasted Brussels sprouts with the lemon juice, zest, Parmesan, and thyme leaves. Garnish with parsley and red pepper flakes.
SOURCE: Love & Lemons