People always ask me, “Norm, the most expensive thing with my Medicare are my prescriptions! What can I do to help with these costs?”
Here is a list of things you can do to help alleviate the costs of your prescriptions:
1) Review your prescription plans yearly. In Western NC there are over 20 different plans for prescriptions. They range from about $10 a month to over $120. Find out what plan is best for you from an agent.
2) Make sure all your prescriptions are on your plan’s formulary. If your prescription is not, then you will pay more out of pocket.
3) Make sure your pharmacy takes your insurance. If it does not, you will pay more. Also, shop different pharmacies.
4) See if your prescription has a generic, AND your doctor will prescribe it.
5) If you have a brand name prescription, see if your doctor can give you some free samples.
6) Find out if there is a program through your doctor, pharmacy, or the drug manufacturer to see if there is a program that will discount your prescription.
7) See if a drug discount card, such as Good Rx will make your costs lower.
Using these steps could make a HUGE difference in what you pay for your prescriptions!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 828-400-1829 or email me.
Thank you and have a great week!